Monday, October 8, 2012

a glow


Over the summer one of my daydreams included lanterns. To hang from the dining room ceiling. Magically, found some lanterns and hung them, all in the same day.

If you look around our house, you will find cup upon cup of water. A sip here, a sip there. Always collecting them, to instantly be replaced by another.

It has been cold here the past couple of days. Smells and feels so good. And I kept thinking, this reminds of Colorado. And that reminded me of when it would get hot in Colorado, and I would think, this reminds me of Iowa. Which lead to a memory of a trip back to Iowa where I sat on my parents driveway late one nite, trying to take as many breaths as possible, to remember as many things as I could. Knowing that I would leave soon after, to a place that did not remind feel as humid, as full.

I won't even get into the dreams I have been having.

I have started a special journal.

Lately, our love has been turning, changing, expanding. Sometimes I don't want whole days to end.


No comments: