Monday, July 22, 2013

A boy

It has been a while. Too long I would say. For a long time I didn't know what to write, even though there is so much to say. Probably more than ever before.

In the past few months, this happened.


I would like to introduce you to Mick Julian Burns. Mickey, if you will. He was born on April 21, 2013 at 7:19 in the morning. A Sunday. He weighed 7 pounds 10 ounces. I have just now started to write down the details of the birth so that I don't forget. So many parts stand out to me. How I went in to the hospital without contractions but once they started coming, I kept grabbing for Steven's hand, as if my life depended on it. And in a way, I guess it did. How we listened to the prettiest music. How Mickey held Steven's finger from almost the moment he came in to the world and they have been holding hands since.

I want to know who to thank for this boy. Do I thank my body? Nature? God? Steven? My parents? I have always been a grateful person - showing it, living it. This is the ultimate. I feel like demanding someone to tell me who to thank. But I wouldn't even know how. I will just keep saying thank you, thank you, thank you under my breath. That will work for now.



2 comments:

lu said...

this both gave me chills & brought tears to my eyes

Sara said...

aw lu, so glad I get to experience all of this with you. really is so magical that our babies were born a couple of weeks apart.