Friday, August 2, 2013

At last


Lately I have been thinking about preparations. I need to prepare for this, for that. Today I researched dutch ovens, thinking that I should prepare for winter. It is 104 degrees here today and I am thinking of the cold. Last week all I could think about was autumn. Trying to remember exactly when it starts to cool down here. End of October, middle of November? There is a heat here that lingers into the winter months. Not really allowing the winter months the glory of freezing air. I wonder what other preparations I should make. Maybe I should buy some herbs for the patio. Use that south facing sun to grow what needs to be grown. Then I can dry the herbs in a certain fashion to preserve for the winter. You know, when I am using my dutch oven to make stews that call for various herbs. I guess I will need to be strategic with the selection of herbs. That involves planning. Planning vs preparation. Hmmm.

I am in the middle of doing a mini patio make-over. Today I created a sketch of what I would like it to look like.



On the other side of the piece of paper I made a list of items to purchase.
Lanterns (of various sizes) to place next to the laundry room doors

Rug to place under the small table and chairs we already have

A pot of succulents to place in the middle of the table

Tea candles to also place on the table

A small wooden stand to place herbs on top of

Herbs

Two hanging baskets

Mat to place in front of sliding glass doors

Clothes line

Clothes pins

Inspired by these:




No comments: