Monday, September 9, 2013

Sunday


The weekend mornings usually look the same. As soon as we wake up coffee is made. Spend some time in bed, reading, catching up on news. And then we start our day. Steven had to work yesterday (Sunday) and around lunch time I had a quick little feeling of hopelessness. From missing him, from having an afternoon stretched out before me without a plan. So while the baby was taking a nap I decided to make myself a proper lunch.
I had left over pasta so I decided to make a sauce. A few swishes of olive oil in a pan and one clove of chopped garlic. Three handfuls of frozen peas. Salt, pepper, red pepper flakes. More olive oil. A few artichoke hearts, along with some of the juice of the hearts (ran out of olive oil). Tossed in the pasta, heated until the pasta was warmed through. Served in my fanciest bowl (helps with feeling more hopeful). Added more red pepper flakes and finally, parmesan.
One hell of a lunch.

No comments: