Wednesday, October 2, 2013

A wednesday

I haven't been feeling well lately. Today on the way to work I felt hot then cold then hot. Then oh so tired. There is road work on the way and there is always a long line of cars at a certain point. Instead of getting frazzled like usual I rolled down the windows and put on this song. And felt the sweetest little breeze. And took a deep breath. And looked at the sky - noticed the dark clouds, the white parts, the tree line with the deep green you usually see after a good rain. And I felt better. I felt alive.

I have categorized this past year as the tumultuous family year. So many things have gone wrong. I still can't even fully comprehend most of what has happened. I will spare the details.



I have started a ritual on Sunday afternoons. I toast french bread in the oven with olive oil. And then top with mushrooms sautéed in butter and parsley. I think I could eat this every Sunday for the rest of my days.

This morning when I turned over this little creature was peering up at me.




No comments: