Wednesday, December 4, 2013

A house

Back in September I wrote about wanting a little home for our family. Which made me think about the cute purple cottage that we rented a few years ago that we loved so much. At the end of September we found the perfect little place. A beautiful open kitchen with the biggest island I have ever seen. A little bedroom tucked away that was perfect for a nursery. A screened in porch with a fan and a hidden clothes line. A fenced in yard with a couple of small gardens. A master bedroom big enough to have a reading nook (my dream). We put in an offer and it was accepted. But then it ended up not working out. And my heart broke a bit and I instantly felt like it would always be the house that got away. Then we had terrible, terrible heavy rains that created a flood and that little house was in a flood zone and I'm not quite sure if anything happened to it. The flood happened two days before what would have been our closing date. I went back to looking for a cute little house for us. And I found one, to rent. And it has amazing light and rounded walls and saltillo tile and a little den with a fireplace and a double front door and a sunken living room and a fenced in yard with a couple trees and I am do damn excited. We move in ten days. We are almost doubling our square footage. Which is everything now that we have Mickey. I have so many ideas for the place. Like turning the breakfast nook into a little sitting area and turning the den into a dining room so that our table will be right in front of the fireplace. I can't wait for a fresh start. We have needed one for two years. And now we have just ten days.

No comments: