Thursday, December 5, 2013

hiver, presque

We are entering a winter storm warning around midnight. Until tomorrow at noon. Twelve hours for freezing temps, sleet, maybe a snow mix. I have noticed the weather man is usually wrong down here. Usually. All morning I kept thinking, this calls for cozy, so I went to the store over lunch and picked up two small oranges, kale, white beans, sausage, two onions, bread, cheese, coffee, and sake for good measure. I plan on making a big pot of soup this evening for tomorrow, the weekend. Tonight will be green chile macaroni/cheese with breadcrumbs, a salad. More coziness I suppose. This weekend we have the highest of highest hopes to pack up everything. But you know, there will be a baby to snuggle and play with, and maybe a brisk walk, and maybe that kitchen diary I like to read will still be around and, and, and. It's so easy to put off. Most things are these days. People keep reminding me that it's ok put things off when you have a baby. That the cleaning can wait, all that jazz. And it does. And it gets overwhelming. But. This time, this time in our lives will move (is moving) so fast and everything will get done that needs to.

No comments: