Saturday, February 22, 2014

Pink flowers, a tree

Before, we lived right near downtown. I didn't notice that we were missing something every night. Until we moved away from the center, to the south, and then west. And we noticed them right away. Stars. All over the sky. I guess once you remove all that extra light you can see the most beautiful lights. I now find excuses to go outside once it's dark. It's so quiet in our neighborhood. Everyone has their porch light on, a sweet warm glow, but it's still so dark, so quiet.



When typing, I have started leaving the letter T off of the end of words. Every time. I wonder why that is.

I have been doing gratitude exercises every day. It is knocking my socks off. I am now obsessed with the law of attraction. Good brings more good. So simple and I have always known this. But to practice it, every day. Now that's another story.

The other day I bought pink hydrangeas. They were so expensive. I saw them from afar and told myself to not even go over to look at them, already assuming they were out of my price range. But I couldn't help it. I walked over and picked them up and it was the best 10 dollars I have ever spent. They filled three vases and are scattered around the house. My mom recently told me that my grandma often did this. Set flowers all about.


My sweet little baby is 10 months old as of yesterday. I have had 306 days with him. This blows my mind, as it so often does for people. He is my best pal. He is crawling and clapping and just starting to give a little wave but is being ever so shy about it. He often wakes up in the morning giggling and talks himself to sleep at night.


My goal this weekend is to hang a mirror, photographs and art from the floor to ceiling on a wall in our dining area. Every day I am so thankful for our new space.


That's all for now.

No comments: