Friday, September 12, 2014

Roma (city)

The following paragraph has been sitting in my drafts for months. I can remember exactly where I was sitting when I wrote it, what time of day (based on the light streaming in from the window.)

At even the slightest mention of Rome, I feel the biggest surge, a surge that tells me you need to go SOON. I spent a couple days in Rome years ago and it felt big and beautiful and crowded and peaceful in parts. There is a picture of me sitting on a bridge with an expression I can't quite describe. It isn't the best photo of me, but I have loved it all these years, wondering what I was thinking as I looked past the camera, the Vatican sitting behind me in the distance. Since we have been together, Steven and I often talk about working on an album there, living for a month or two.

For some reason I felt it important to share my thoughts on Rome with you, all those months back. And today I couldn't bring myself to erase those words to start a new post.

I very much miss writing posts on here. I think I will ease myself back into this space. A little snip here and there.





No comments: