Sunday, April 19, 2015

Hill Country

The other day I heard a beautiful story on NPR. A man was asked what is a must have meal in Vietnam and he mentioned a dish that has steamed pork wrapped in rice paper. The rice paper is set outside the night before so that dew can collect on the little papers. There is not a more poetic dish to me. A meal made with pure intent.

We found out on Monday that the owner of the house we are renting wants to sell.We need to be out by the end of May. It's a strange feeling, being told to leave. We love this house. So the hunt has begun (my favorite part).

My Mickey turns two on Tuesday. I have no words. I have a million words.

Yesterday we drove around the hills outside of town. So many winding roads. Wild flowers everywhere. A small cafe. A marina at the bottom of the longest road. My soul needed a day like that, hours spent on the road with little stops along the way. It felt like a dream.





No comments: